1 grievously affected especially by disease [syn: stricken]
2 mentally or physically unfit [syn: impaired]
- past of afflict
An affliction is something which causes someone physical, mental, or emotional suffering.
Affliction is a title of several works of fiction:
- Affliction (1997 film), a 1997 film based on the 1989 novel by Russell Banks.
- "Affliction (Enterprise episode)", a fourth season episode of Star Trek: Enterprise.
- Afflicted, a Swedish death metal band.
- Affliction (band), a British alternative rock band.
- the affliction(band), a band from katy texas. very few shows even fewer recordings. former screamer now a singer/guitarist for always/never.(myspace.com/aanband)
MMORPG World Of Warcraft
- Affliction being a talent tree of the Warlock class of character in the widely popular MMORPG (massive multiplayer online role playing game) World Of Warcraft. Affliction warlocks rely heavily on spells known as DoT's (Damage over Time) spells.
MMORPG Guild Wars
- Commonly referred to as "The Plague" as it sweeps across the continent of Cantha in the Factions campaign. It is used by the main antagonist, Shiro, as a tool to build an afflicted army.
- Affliction Clothing, a brand of clothing.
- Affliction Magazine, a publication dedicated to Mixed Martial Arts.
afflicted in French: Affliction
abashed, agitated, agonized, bent, beset, boiled, bombed, boozy, bothered, canned, cast down, chagrined, chapfallen, cockeyed, cockeyed drunk, confused, convulsed, crocked, crocko, crucified, discomfited, discomforted, discomposed, disconcerted, disquieted, distressed, disturbed, doleful, dolorous, elevated, embarrassed, fried, fuddled, half-seas over, harrowed, high, hung up, hurt, hurting, ill at ease, illuminated, in distress, in pain, lacerated, lit, lit up, loaded, lubricated, lushy, martyred, martyrized, miserable, mortified, muzzy, oiled, on the rack, organized, out of countenance, pained, perturbed, pickled, pie-eyed, pissed, pissy-eyed, plastered, polluted, potted, put-out, put-upon, racked, raddled, rueful, ruthful, shellacked, skunk-drunk, smashed, soaked, sorrowful, soused, squiffy, stewed, stinko, suffering, swacked, tanked, tight, tormented, tortured, troubled, twisted, uncomfortable, under the harrow, uneasy, upset, wounded, wretched, wrung